Bluestem Biosciences, Inc., is designing biology with the end in mind, to enable existing infrastructure in the Midwest for industrial biotechnology.
We are leveraging digital biology to facilitate discovery for biomanufacturing, focused on the sustainable production of chemicals and materials.
Bluestem is actively searching for three exceptional summer interns to join our highly skilled and diverse team. We are looking for individuals who are not only motivated and eager to learn but also demonstrate a strong passion for personal and professional growth. The ideal candidates will possess the ability to adapt to new challenges and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Our summer internship program offers an unparalleled opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience and learn from some of the best minds in the industry. As a Bluestem intern, you will work on real projects, contributing to the success of our organization while developing your skills and knowledge in your chosen field.
Key qualities we seek in our ideal candidates include:
- Self-motivation: Candidates should be driven to succeed and continuously improve themselves, taking the initiative to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn: We value individuals who possess a genuine desire to explore new ideas, concepts, and technologies, and who are excited to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic: Our interns should be committed to delivering high-quality work and should demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Team player mindset: We believe that collaboration is key to success. Our ideal candidates should be able to work effectively with others, contributing their unique talents and skills while supporting their fellow team members.
- Effective communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as interns will need to present their ideas and findings to colleagues and potentially clients.
- Problem-solving abilities: The ability to think critically and analytically, coupled with creative problem-solving skills, is highly valued in our interns.
The focus area of each internship are as follows:Research / Science (biology, chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering) – working as a research assistant with the Head of R&D (Jared Wenger) on a variety of research and composition projects. Will get direct exposure to biochemistry and synthetic biology, and have the opportunity to add value to the Bluestem team on specific scientific research projects.Computer Science – working directly with the Chief Technology Officer to assist in the development of the internal digital biology architecture (known as Compass). Candidate should have basic or intermediate python coding skills, or have a strong interest to learn with background in other languages. If the candidate is also curious about ChatGPT and ways to integrate the tool into the business in disruptive ways, we are looking to launch a discrete project where the intern could take a lead in the planning and development.Business / Finance / Strategy – Candidate is someone who is very interested in business and strategy and would be working directly with the CEO and the company’s advisors. This candidate should have strong written and verbal communication and would be working on basic financial models, industry research, and competitor analysis. The candidate will be focused on chemical industry research to advance the Company’s strategy and market development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and is motivated to add value through innovative thinking with salient composition of materials to present to the leadership team. Skills in Powerpoint or Google Slides is a strong plus. MBA candidates will also be considered.
Bluestem is excited to offer a remote-first working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person every quarter or two at Bluestem’s hub, in Omaha, NE. We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Bluestem is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com